November 28, 2014

Holiday Styling - It's Party Time!

 Snow White








& Mary Poppins












Happy Thanksgiving RoV Family!

Lauren and I wanted to provide a little holiday party styling inspiration as we approach the wonderful month of December.  Over the past year we each scored in a major way at the Junior League WearHouse; Lauren buying this beautiful, winter white, sparkly gown and me buying this full length, black velvet skirt.  We couldn't wait for our photo session as we glammed up and took to the outdoors where the temperature was a mild 35 degrees! 

For Lauren's white and very fitted dress, I added a warm, furry vest and less formal booties.  Her vintage purple amulet was the perfect finishing touch as it really highlighted her new purple hair.  We thought this was a fun way to style the dress and dress it down a bit for a holiday party or dinner.  Taking off the vest, adding some stunner heels and some blinging earrings would be the perfect way to dress it up for a black tie NYE shindig. 

For my velvet skirt, I wanted to dress it up and down as well.  My monkstrap brogues added just enough height so that the skirt skimmed the ground which I think makes a beautiful silhouette on full length skirts and dresses.  I could have also worn some sparkly flats or kitten heels.  I traded between my black fur stole and vintage leather jacket, both fun options and interchangeable depending on the event.  I added the gloves for a little Audrey Hepburn moment and I was definitely feeling her vibe!  

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!  We are so thankful for our fans and wish you all a very wonderful end to the year!

We hope to see you on 12/13/14 for our Holiday Party at Custom in NoDa!

No comments:

Post a Comment